HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye



First thing: please buy Sonny Liew's latest book. It's really, really good.

I'm pleased to say this is the first time I managed to do the entire strip, including colour, in Manga Studio (even yesterday's had a bit of Photoshop tweaking). I opened it in Photoshop and was about to start fiddling with a few things, and I thought no, sod it, just let it stand.

Tried adding screentones in MS for the first time (now that I finally figured out how to install the "Materials" folder - I'd been getting it wrong for months and wondering why nothing happened). While adding tones is far from intuitive, I got there in the end.

I should probably be writing all this stuff down as I work it out, I'll forget it all in a week otherwise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.