HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Friday, March 11, 2016

Purple Ronald



Today I finally summoned up the nerve to try Manga Studio's perspective tools (see panel 1). Yow! I get why people make a fuss about them. I haven't figured out how to make the lines go at regular intervals yet (the windows there are spaced by eye) but as a first attempt I was well pleased, oh yes I was.

The inking continues to be a source of frustration; I'm trying a different Frenden brush every day but none of them feel right or look natural to me. I will persevere. The plan is to see out the month with these experiments before going back to good ol' paper and ink in April.

I can see a possible future in which I pencil in MS5 and ink on paper. Those perspective tools. Again, I say yow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.